Unity of the Valley Spiritual Center
A Positive Path for Spiritual Living
4011 W. Highway 13, Savage, MN 55378
Office: (952) 895-0745; Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Sunday Services at 10:00 a.m. Children are welcome. Nursery services are provided for children under four. See "Youth" for other children's programs.
Are you looking for an alternative to traditional church? Unity of the Valley Spiritual Center invites you to be a part of our open-minded, inclusive community, where we are guided by Universal Spiritual Principles and honor all paths to God.
At Unity, we offer spiritual learning opportunities for children, youth, and adults. We encourage people to ask questions and explore their unlimited spiritual potential. As we seek to experience our Oneness with Spirit and each other, we learn how to live a peaceful, happy, abundant life through our positive thoughts, words, and actions.
Come and be inspired by the empowering message, uplifting music, and affirmative prayer. You will discover the richness of friendships that support you in being the blessing you were born to be.
Our name—Unity—speaks for us; it declares that we are one with God, one with each other, and one with all creation. We honor all paths to God and seek to find the common thread uniting us.
Unity is a way of life and a guide for daily living. We unite to join our prayers, our thoughts, and our spiritual powers for the enrichment of our own lives and to bless all humankind.
Unity of the Valley's Vision
A world powerfully transformed through the growing movement of shared spiritual awakening
Unity of the Valley's Mission
To provide transformative experiences through Unity spiritual education, fellowship, and outreach with loving, welcoming hearts
- There is only one Presence and one Power active as the universe and as my life, God the Good.
- Our essence is of God; therefore, we are inherently good. This God essence was fully expressed in Jesus, the Christ.
- We are co-creators with God, creating reality through thoughts held in mind.
- Through prayer and meditation, we align our heart-mind with God. Denials and affirmations are tools we use.
- Through thoughts, words, and actions, we live the Truth we know.
Unity’s Core Values
We are: Spirit-led • Joy-filled • Loving • Accepting • Respectful
- Prayer enhances our awareness of our Oneness with Divine Spirit.
- We follow the teachings of Jesus, our Wayshower, in our everyday lives.
- Our teaching of Unity principles and Universal truths provides an environment for learning, self-discovery, and spiritual growth for adults and youth of all ages.
- We are the spirit of God expressed, and we are blessed by an abundant Universe as we lovingly share the gifts of God.
- We recognize that all people are expressions of God and are honored with unconditional love and acceptance.
Unity Worldwide Ministries
Unity Family Matters
Unity’s Poet Laureate, James Dillet Freeman
Rev. James Dillet Freeman (1912–2003) was a poet and a minister of Unity, a New Thought denomination. A registered member of the Cherokee tribe, he was very proud of his Native American ancestry. Because his poems were twice brought to the moon, a distinction shared by no other author, Freeman has been referred to as the “poet laureate to the moon.”
Freeman’s 1941 “Prayer for Protection,” was taken aboard Apollo 11 in July, 1969, by Lunar Module pilot Buzz Aldrin, and a microfilm of his 1947 “I Am There” was left on the moon by James B. Irwin on Apollo 15. His other well-known poems include “Blessings for a Marriage” and “The Traveler.” Freeman’s books and poems can be found in our Many Paths Metaphysical Bookstore & Gifts.
I AM THERE (excerpt)
Do you need Me?
I am there.
You cannot see Me, yet I am the light you see by.
You cannot hear Me, yet I speak through your voice.
You cannot feel Me, yet I am the power at work in your hands.
. . .
Only in absolute stillness, beyond self, can you know Me
as I AM, and then but as a feeling and a faith.
. . .
I am there when you pray and when you do not pray.
I am in you, and you are in Me.
. . .
I am the law on which the movement of the stars and the growth of living cells are founded.
. . .
I am the love that you can cling to. I am your assurance.
I am your peace. I am ONE with you. I am.
. . .
Beloved, I AM there.
PRAYER FOR PROTECTION
The Light of God surrounds me.
The Love of God enfolds me.
The Power of God protects me.
The Presence of God watches over me.
Wherever I am, God is.